Important Upcoming Dates
4th - Last Week of Sage Testing - Math Week
4th - 7th Teacher Appreciation Week
13th - 15th Spring Kindergarten Testing / No School for Kindergartners!
18th - Dibles Testing
21st - Short Day Schedule
22nd - No School!
25th - No School!
3rd - School BBQ & 6th Grade Promotion
4th - Annual 6th vs. Staff Kickball Game!
5th - Last Day of School!
News & Announcements
Salt Lake Fire Dept. Spring Safety Fair
The Annual Spring Safety Fair will be held at the SLC Public Safety Plaza (475 S. 300) on May 29th from 6-8:30pm
2014 Sage Test Results
In the coming weeks state-wide SAGE testing information will be released to the public for review. Our school with the help of the SLCSD will provide individual student reports for parents. Emerson's staff is currently working on a plan to dustribute these reports.
Posted: October 24, 2014
Parent Powerschool LoginClick here for the 'how to guide'
Posted: September 24, 2014
The New Free & Reduced Meal Information
Everything has switched to a paperless format. Parents are responsible for all charges until the application has been approved.
Posted: December 17, 2013
As you are shopping for school clothes, please refer to district policy on inappropriate clothing at school. We have a limited supply of replacement clothing for the day, but would appreciate a double check before kids are scooted out the door.
The dress code: Clothing should be neat, clean, and appropriate for learning and weather conditions, and at no time should it cause a disruption to the learning environment. School administrators will determine consequences for students who violate the dress code and will provide appropriate due process. Parents may be called to bring the student a suitable change of clothing. Parents are also expected to observe the dress code whenever they are in the building.
The following would be considered in violation of the dress code:
• Clothing that is low enough to reveal a student’s underwear
• Clothing advertising drugs, alcohol, tobacco, acts of violence or lawlessness
• Clothing associated with gangs, illicit drugs, or illegal substances
• Clothing with offensive and/or vulgar language and/or designs
• Clothing which calls attention to the body, including bike pants, spandex, unitard knit tights, body suits, sheer clothing or skin tight clothing
• Hats, caps, hoods, and sunglasses worn in the building
• Clothing with intentional cuts, slashes, fraying, or holes
• Short shorts, running shorts, or miniskirts (as a rule of measurement, shorts hem should reach the finger tips when arms are held loosely at the side)
• Crop tops showing midriffs
• Tube or tank tops or halters
• Coats worn in the building during instructional time
• Dangling jewelry, particularly earrings
• Flip-flops or any shoe not conducive to recess or PE activities
Absolutely nothing will be allowed at school that is intended, recognized, or acknowledged by the Metro Gang Task Force, to signify affiliation with, participation in, or approval of a gang.
Posted: August 18, 2014