School Community Council
Make a Difference!
Join the Emerson School Community Council
There are open positions on the Emerson School Community Council (SCC)
Every public school in Utah has a School Community Council. The councils are made up of school employees who are elected by employees, and parents who are elected by parents of students attending the school.
· SCC meetings are typically held the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 5:30 PM. Members are asked to commit to attending all or most of the meetings.
· Currently. SCC is meeting remotely via Zoom.
· A caregiver/guardian member is elected to serve a 2-year term (school years 2023-24 and 2024-25).
· SCC members help develop a school improvement plan, plan for how School LAND Trust Program monies are spent, and discuss other issues related to the school.
· Members from all demographic groups and with children in any program (Neighborhood, IP, and Special Education Hub) are encouraged to run.
· Light food, childcare, and transportation to meetings may be available if needed.
Email Ms. Reynolds (firstname.lastname@example.org) before Friday, October 6, 2023, if you would like to be a candidate for the Emerson SCC.
Please include the following information in your email:
Emerson Student(s) grades:
Please include all that apply to you and your family:
Neighborhood/General Education Program Behavioral Support Program
International Pathways Program Minority Community
Describe yourself and why you would like to be on the SCC:
*If more individuals communicate an interest than we have open seats, an election will be held. If necessary, detailed information regarding the election will sent out on or before October 11, 2023.